2019 - Year 2 of our race - Back and better!
This is a 26.2 mile course, on the Greenbrier River Trail in Pocahontas County, WV. The trail follows the Greenbrier River south on the old railway bed with a 1% downhill average grade throughout. The surface is packed gravel with a number of flat, wooden bridge crossings and then pavement for the last (+/-) two miles of the course.
- Starting at Cass Scenic Railroad State Park (242 Main Street, Cass, WV 24927) - https://wvstateparks.com/park/cass-scenic-railroad-state-park/ - the course will head south on the trail.
- The trail will provide many scenic views of the Greenbrier River and surrounding hills. During the race the fall colors should be out in full force.
- There will be mile markers and volunteer aid stations providing hydration.
- At mile 15 the course will pass through the old Sharp's Tunnel before crossing the highest wooden bridge on the course. There will be some lighting provided in the tunnel.
- The finish line will be at Stillwell Park, just South of Marlinton, WV.
Water Stop Locations:
*Please note that the following miles are approximate.
- W-1: 2.4 Miles (into the race) by EJ's Corral and Shelter
- W-2: 3.9 Miles (into the race) at Sitlington (Road Crossing)
- W-3: 6.5 Miles at Stony Bottom (close to road)
- W-4: 9.7 at Clover Lick (Road Crossing) *Please note there is a bathroom at 11.3
- W-5: 12.3 - Look for marker - there are Posts at a wide spot
- W-6: 15.7 at Sharp's Tunnel (there will be lights in the tunnel)
- W-7: 17.1 at Shelter *Please note there is a bathroom here as well
- W-8: 19.3 at Thorny Creek Road
- W-9: 21.7 at Halfway Run
- W-10: 23.5 at Picnic Table (just north of Marlinton)
- W-11: 25.4 in Marlinton by Wellness Center / Elementary School
***See below for the Course Map!!*** Continue to check back for more detailed information.
To bring a one-of-a-kind event to Pocahontas County, WV and to give back to the community in the process. To share the beauty of the area and the Greenbrier River Trail with the world.
Register Here: (2019 Registration Coming Soon!)